Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Black Swan"



Draggy tuesday night. Watching Sex and the City whilst flipping through style.com and new york mag reviews of the latest fall 2011 shows. First show I flipped to, due to it's frequent tweet abouts on the web today was Chanel. #gag. No disrespect, I love Chanel, I love Karl, but I didn't love this collection. In my opinion, very tall and skinny women in 1.5 inch kitten heels and wide straight legged pants is not flattering. Lately, I guess of the big 21 coming up I have been favoring brands that key into the woman's "womaness" and her sexuality. The boxy, 90's esque trend is making me want to pull my hair out. One show that I think got it right though for fall is Mcqueen. I often times talk about "the world of Mcqueen" and i believe this collection takes place in Madonnas "Human Nature" video (1995) meets Black Swan (2011).




The designers at Mcqueen did a great job yet again this season. They didn't choose to go as far left as other brands have chosen to do. The clothes were sexy and provocative with a hint of "Lady" similar to the movie Black Swan.

*sidenote: I would live if I could see a black model on the Mcqueen line up. LIVE.





pictures: nymag.com

No comments: